CHS Families and Supporters:
This Thursday, October 27, Chipotle Restaurant will be hosting a fundraiser to benefit our amazing band, choir, and cheerleading programs. These programs will receive 50% of all sales at the Mill Plain Chipotle Restaurant from 4-10 PM!
You might be curious as to why these three groups ended up on the same ticket. But they have a few things in common. They all:
- Showcase our talented students;
- Are led by dedicated and inspirational adults;
- Are growing in participation and seeking to add resources and exciting learning opportunities;
- Are frequently called upon to entertain at an array of school and community events – and when they perform they always represent CHS and our community in an impressive and positive way!
Our goal is to give all three programs a “Thank You” as well as a shot in the pocketbook by raising at least $5,000 at this event. To help us, simply dine in or dine out (you can even pre-order) and mention Camas High School when you are paying for your meal.
We hope to see you Thursday for dinner and entertainment provided by… Who else?! Our band, choir, and cheerleaders!
Our “Annual College and Career Fair Night” was held on October 19th here at CHS.
Families that attended got a chance to:
- Talk with representatives from more than 50 colleges, technical schools, apprenticeship programs and Military representatives in a college fair setting in the gym.
- Attend large, group sessions covering information on post high school planning resources and what students can do during high school to prepare for the next step and;
- Attend small group breakout sessions with college representatives to gather information specific to their needs. Check out the College and Career website for the list of Universities and Programs that will be in attendance.
Presentations and information shared at the event.
10 CHS Leadership students attended the annual AWSL conference in Longview this past weekend (Friday-Sunday). The conference had key note speakers, workshops, social, spirit exchanged and so much more. The students are ready to establish some new ideas here at CHS that they took away from this event.
Enjoy the picture with their free Dutch bros. in hand…
CAMAS, Wash. (KOIN) – Camas High School senior quarterback Jack Colletto is living proof that good things come to those who wait.
“I transferred from Kingston High School [in the second semester of my sophomore year] and they’re a 2A school [in Washington State]. That’s basically where I grew up my whole life. So transferring here is different but I had a lot of family here [and] a lot of support,” said Colletto.
“I started [at quarterback] my sophomore year at the 2A school, and so when I came here it was a different mindset. And I just had to make sure I was trying to be as great of a teammate as I could be throughout all of my junior year, and then knowing that my time will eventually come.” Read more at KOIN 6
Students in Camas High School’s Advanced Drama class seen here rehearsing ‘Chemo Girl … This past Friday the CHS Drama program was able to raise $6,000 for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society with their production of Chemo Girl and Other Plays.
Drama teacher Sean Kelly is a very busy man.
“During dress rehearsals I’m here, you know, 16 hours [a day] and my wife loves that time of year,” Kelly said.
His students see his devotion first-hand.
“Mr. Kelly never gets a break,” senior Sophia Shafiuzzaman said. “But he’s been like my favorite teacher I’ve ever had in my life. Read more and watch the video at KATU.
Wednesday, September 28, 2016
On behalf of the entire CHS staff, I want to thank all of our parents who attended our annual open house. We know that not everyone was able to attend due to prior commitments or schedule conflicts. Below are links to each of the classes parent presentations. Also included are links to the CHS Vision and an information on our activities and athletics – we are dedicated to providing our students with a top-tier education, but we also want every CHS student to get involved!
I encourage parents to email our teachers with any questions they have regarding their student’s classes or grades.
Here’s to a successful year for your student(s)!
Open House Presentations
Book Study 2016-17
CHS Vision | Clubs & Activities Info | Athletics