Follow the link and complete the student interest application form to enter the CamTech Program at CHS: http://tinyurl.com/zmk7pl4
You will also need to complete the normal forecasting process and include one or more CamTech courses your wanting to take.
Students can apply to enter CamTech year around and courses completed back through your 9th grade year can still be applied to completing a program strand in CamTech. So join us and start you future now!
The CamTech Program will be hosting it’s 2nd annual Project Showcase Night here at CHS on Tuesday May 23, 2017 starting at 5:00 PM in the CHS Theater. At 5:20 PM we will migrate across the hall to our CamTech labs where students will be sharing a variety of projects and work they’ve done this past year in many of their lab courses. All CHS students and parents are invited to attend…
Start Your Career Today!
More details on the event here…
See Mr. Williams if you’re interested in attending.
- Earn $12 to $17 per hour t start + Benefits.
- Get Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance.
- Have Retirement Saving Plans.
- Access Tuition Reimbursement for college that is offered by many of the manufactures.
- 18 years of age or turning shortly.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Able to work in the US and pass a criminal background check.
- Able to pass pre-employment drug screen.
Sophomore Allyssa Heilbrun and Senior Alexis Royal qualified to represent SW Washington for Photography late February in SkillsUSA. This was a first for Camas to compete in SkillsUSA in the photography category. Allyssa came out of the SW Washington region take 2nd and Alexis took 4th. This gave them the opportunity to attend the state competition hosted in Yakima Thursday through Saturday last weekend. The state had over 900 students and 85 advisors.
The photography competition had the top five students from the five regions going thought the challenges for two days. The students had a two print submission section. They completed a 50 question technical quiz. They completed an in person interview. They identified 15 images needing corrections or had technical issues. They took a photo easy challenge that represented pattern. With images taken during the challenge, they completed a conceptual piece. They finished off with completed an advertising layout. This took two hours Thursday and 8 hours Friday.
We will know the final scores later this week. What we do know is Allyssa Heilbrun qualified third. The qualifications gives her an opportunity to represent the state of Washington in Nashville, Tennessee in late June.
Congratulations to Shannon Wells-Moran and Ryan Tellez for placing “1st” in the SkillsUSA State Automated Robotics competition held April 20 in Longview, WA.
UPCOMING EVENTS & ACTIVITIES
SW WA Manufacturing Knowledge Fair Thurs. Oct. 6th
CamTech Large Group Meeting – CHS N. Commons Tues., Feb. 14th 2:20pm
AutoDesk Field Trip – Wednesday Feb. 15, 2017
Dorothy Fox Family STEAM Night – Wednesday, March 8th @ 5-7pm
CamTech Internship Info Sharing Meeting – Tues., Mar. 14th @ 2:30pm CHS
Columbia Forging Tour (Interested Internship Students) – Thursday March 17th
2017-18 CHS Forecasting for next year’s classes – March 13-17th
Boeing Company Tech Prep Open House – Thursday, March 16th @ 6pm
SW WA Construction Knowledge Fair – Tuesday March 21st
SkillUSA Robotics Competition Longview, WA– Thursday April 20th
- CamTech Showcase Night – Tuesday May 23rd @ 5- 6:30pm CHS
UPDATE YOUR EMAIL & CAMTECH PROGRAM STRAND
- To help us communicate with you better please identify your most used “email address” on this Google Form. https://goo.gl/forms/4V8UAjNwxdLS6t3y2
- If you have not declared a CamTech program strand or are not sure, please check here. https://tinyurl.com/gn72wdq
- Please take a few minutes and complete the following student program survey for our district office. https://tinyurl.com/zpv8dl3
(Note: you must be logged into your school Google account to complete the forms)
SETUP PHONE TEXT UPDATES
For “Text Updates” please text @74k8ag to 81010 to sign up for “Remind”.
Visual instructions can be seen here… https://tinyurl.com/glmmv34
Please check the website on regular bases for news, events and activities…
CamTech FOCUS & VISION
Your goal as a CamTech student is to…
- Increase your knowledge and skills in one or more Technical areas of interest by taking related CamTech classes here at CHS.
- Complete one or more CamTech Program Strands.
- Get involved…
– Attend Field Trips and Guest Speakers
– Be a part of the CamTech Student Leadership Team (SkillsUSA)
– Join one of our Competitive Events Teams (SkillUSA, FIRST Robotics, Science Olympiad)
– Participate on a CamTech action committee.
– Participate in a CamTech sponsored Community or School District service project.
- Participate in a Internship Program if the opportunity presents itself and it’s appropriate for you.
- Complete a CamTech Project that demonstrates a high level knowledge and skill.
Our goal as a collective CamTech teaching staff is to…
- Offer technical courses and activities that will increase your opportunities for success beyond CHS.
- Work with you to develop your knowledge and skills in a variety of technical areas of study.
- Create a program environment that allows you to be around and learn from other students with similar interest.
- Assist and direct you with Internship program opportunities.
- Recognize those students that have COMPLETED a CamTech program(s) of study. (Graduation Cords & Sashes, Transcripts, College/Employment Resumes and Letters of Recommendation.
If you have any questions about anything outlined above please feel free to ask any of your CamTech staff members… Thank you!
K. Williams, D. Huegli, M. Chase, S. Gillispie
All CamTech students are invited to attend a field trip to AutoDesk in Lake Oswego (South Portland). AutoDesk is a globally known software design company that specializes in a variety of engineering and design related software ranging from Architecture to 3D Modeling and much more… The trip will take place during school on Wednesday January 11th. We will leave CHS at 9:30 and return by 1:30 that afternoon. Lunch will be provided for us by AutoDesk! Permissions slips can be obtained from Mr. Williams in lab 504, the trip is limited to 25 students.
Did you know that manufacturing is one of the fastest growing job fields in Clark County?
Come learn more about what manufacturing is, how you can get involved, what types of jobs are available, how much you will get paid, and much, much more!
Mark Your Calendar for October 6th, 2016.
Morning Session: 10 AM to 11:30 AM.
If your interested in attending see Mr. Williams in lab 504 for a permission form to attend now!
CamTech Students… We are trying to establish a communication tool that will assist us in sharing information with all of you. Please view the attached pdf file here for directions on how to access the “Remind” website and phone app. . Please do this ASAP, thank you! Here’s a link to the Remind Website.