UPCOMING EVENTS & ACTIVITIES
SW WA Manufacturing Knowledge Fair Thurs. Oct. 6th CamTech Large Group Meeting – CHS N. Commons Tues., Feb. 14th 2:20pm AutoDesk Field Trip – Wednesday Feb. 15, 2017 Dorothy Fox Family STEAM Night – Wednesday, March 8th @ 5-7pm CamTech Internship Info Sharing Meeting – Tues., Mar. 14th @ 2:30pm CHS Columbia Forging Tour (Interested Internship Students) – Thursday March 17th 2017-18 CHS Forecasting for next year’s classes – March 13-17th Boeing Company Tech Prep Open House – Thursday, March 16th @ 6pm SW WA Construction Knowledge Fair – Tuesday March 21st SkillUSA Robotics Competition Longview, WA– Thursday April 20th
- CamTech Showcase Night – Tuesday May 23rd @ 5- 6:30pm CHS
UPDATE YOUR EMAIL & CAMTECH PROGRAM STRAND
- To help us communicate with you better please identify your most used “email address” on this Google Form. https://goo.gl/forms/4V8UAjNwxdLS6t3y2
- If you have not declared a CamTech program strand or are not sure, please check here. https://tinyurl.com/gn72wdq
- Please take a few minutes and complete the following student program survey for our district office. https://tinyurl.com/zpv8dl3
(Note: you must be logged into your school Google account to complete the forms)
SETUP PHONE TEXT UPDATES
For “Text Updates” please text @74k8ag to 81010 to sign up for “Remind”.
Visual instructions can be seen here… https://tinyurl.com/glmmv34
Please check the website on regular bases for news, events and activities…
CamTech FOCUS & VISION
Your goal as a CamTech student is to…
- Increase your knowledge and skills in one or more Technical areas of interest by taking related CamTech classes here at CHS.
- Complete one or more CamTech Program Strands.
- Get involved…
– Attend Field Trips and Guest Speakers
– Be a part of the CamTech Student Leadership Team (SkillsUSA)
– Join one of our Competitive Events Teams (SkillUSA, FIRST Robotics, Science Olympiad)
– Participate on a CamTech action committee.
– Participate in a CamTech sponsored Community or School District service project.
- Participate in a Internship Program if the opportunity presents itself and it’s appropriate for you.
- Complete a CamTech Project that demonstrates a high level knowledge and skill.
Our goal as a collective CamTech teaching staff is to…
- Offer technical courses and activities that will increase your opportunities for success beyond CHS.
- Work with you to develop your knowledge and skills in a variety of technical areas of study.
- Create a program environment that allows you to be around and learn from other students with similar interest.
- Assist and direct you with Internship program opportunities.
- Recognize those students that have COMPLETED a CamTech program(s) of study. (Graduation Cords & Sashes, Transcripts, College/Employment Resumes and Letters of Recommendation.
If you have any questions about anything outlined above please feel free to ask any of your CamTech staff members… Thank you!
K. Williams, D. Huegli, M. Chase, S. Gillispie