Cleveland High School (Address: 3400 SE 26th Avenue Portland, OR 97202) will be hosting a Gap Year Fair on Wednesday, February 14th from 6-8:30 pm. There will be a presentation by Jane Sarouhan from 6-6:45pm. During the fair attendees are able to have face to face conversations with gap year program providers, trip leaders, advisors, and gap year alumni.
If you would like more information about this event see Mrs.O in the Career Center
Thursday, February 22, 2018
9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Gaiser Hall Student Center (Clark College Main Campus)
Professional Technical Day is aimed at high school students interested in:
Exploring Healthcare careers
Computer Technology & Networking
Early Childhood Education
Students can look forward to hands on workshops with Clark faculty students, gaining college and career insights, and taking a tour of the campus.
Participating Programs Have Included:
- Business Technology
- Computer Aided Design & Drafting
- Cuisine & Professional Baking
- Diesel Technology
- Engineering & Computer Science
- Health Occupations & Education
- Machining, Advanced Manufacturing
- Surveying & Geomatics
Tech Prep/Office of Instruction
If you would like to attend this day sign up with Mrs.O in the Career Center!
Kaiser Permanente has a summer youth academy that you can be a part of. Students must have a 2.5 GPA and turn the application in on Friday, February 9th. Below you will find the application & application overview: KP YEAH Application_Official
This event will be held on Wednesday, February 7th from 5:30 pm—7:30pm at CHS.
Families will have a chance to:
1. Talk with representatives from more than 40 colleges, technical schools, apprenticeship programs and Military representatives in a college fair setting in the Main Commons.
2. Attend large, group sessions covering information on post high school planning resources, what students can do during high school to prepare for the next step. test preparation and much more.
Click here to see the lists of Schools and Careers that will be in attendance.
We encourage all high school students (grades 9—11th) and parents to attend this exciting event!!
There are two Corban Experiences happening this spring and they have lowered the cost to $25.
High school seniors, juniors and sophomores are invited to attend, but space is limited, so we encourage students to register soon at go.corban.edu/CExp.
Students who attend Corban Experience will qualify for a Visit Scholarship ask the Corban Rep about this scholarship.
Are you a male, 15 or older and looking for a summer job? The Boy Scouts of America Organization is looking to hire you. Application can be found here: Camp Staff
They also will be hosting a Hiring Fair on Saturday, February 3rd from 9am-12pm.
Address: 10300 SE 132nd Ave
Happy Valley, OR 97086
There is an opportunity for current high school sophomores and juniors (and their parents) to learn more about Running Start, a program that allows eligible juniors and seniors to attend college classes and earn dual credit (both high school and college credit). The meeting will be held on Jan. 24, Feb. 28 and March 7. All are from 7 to 8 p.m. in the Clark College Gym (O’Connell Sports Center) on Fort Vancouver Way.
At this meeting:
- Current Running Start students will discuss their experiences in the program, including advantages and disadvantages.
- Eligibility criteria will be discussed.
- Deadlines and requirements for Fall Quarter 2018 entry will be explained.
After this meeting:
- Go to Running Start website clark.edu/runningstart, “Students” tab
- Click on the “Application and Qualifying Instructions” link, print, and follow instructions to apply online and bring qualifying documents to the Running Start office located in the Advising Center in Gaiser Hall
Visit www.clark.edu/runningstart for more information.
If you need accommodation due to a disability in order to fully participate in this event, you should contact Clark College’s Disability Support Services Office at (360) 992-2314 or (360) 991-0901 (videophone), or email www.clark.edu/DSS two weeks in advance or as soon as possible.
QUESTIONS? Contact the Running Start Office at (360) 992-2366
- Are you a High School Student?
- Are you a Washington State Resident?
- Do you have at least a 3.6 GPA?
- Is your SAT score a 1220 or ACT score a 25 or above?
If you met all of the above criteria, you found yourself a guaranteed scholarship to attend WSU-Vancouver through the Vancouver Academic Achievement Award. Apply Here.
A Team from Boeing in Portland will be in the Career Center on Thursday, February 1st from 11am-12pm. If you’re interested in hearing more about a summer internship opportunity with Boeing, see Mrs. O In the Career center.